A Finished Heart venues have ranged from small classrooms, libraries and conference rooms with basic florescent lights to black box theaters, full-size theaters and large church sanctuaries with stage lighting.
Summary of Requirements:
• Basic illumination for performer.
• Sound system with adequate amplification for the space. It must be able connect to my computer (Windows PC with 1/8" audio jack). For local performances only, I can provide a powered speaker.
• Ideally, your venue's wireless mic: headset (preferred) or lapel, omnidirectional. I can bring a wireless system if you do not have one.
• Audio personnel to help set levels and assist with technical details during setup. It's strongly recommended that this person be present during performance.
• 24" stool, preferred, or chair of standard height, without arms.
I bring and set up a simple prop. No stage is required but for best sight lines, some elevation for the performer is always helpful when possible. The venue must provide a stool that is 24" high.
I'll need to patch my laptop audio output into your in-house sound system or P/A equipment. I use a Windows PC with 1/8" audio jack. If the venue does not have a sound system, I can bring a powered speaker but this is only available for local performances, accessible by public transport.
I use a wireless mic. I prefer to use whatever in-house, wireless equipment you have that has been shown to work best in your venue for audio similar to A Finished Heart. If you don't have a wireless system, I can bring my own.
Optional, depending on the size of your space: you may wish to provide a wireless, handheld mic to pass around as audience members speak during post-performance Q&A.
I'll need a technician familiar with the audio system to help me determine levels and make all necessary connections during setup. Using recorded music, I control all digital cues as I perform so no personnel at an audio board is required. However, I highly recommend that the technician stay for the show in case there are unexpected difficulties.
For lighting, only basic illumination for me is required and no DMX board is required. A simple lighting effect is automatically controlled by my computer. It's helpful to have someone available to fade house lights in and out at the beginning and end, but that's not essential.
No video is used.
I will need 3 hours before doors open for setup and soundcheck.
I'll need 1 hour following the performance to pack out.
There is no intermission. You may wish the actual start time to be five minutes or more after the published time. Once the show has started, no further seating is permitted as it would disturb the performance and the experience of others. Eating and drinking during the show are not permitted for the same reason.
Thank you for your interest and please contact me with any questions.